It is beginning to feel like summer in Minnesota. Along with all the fun activities that we have on our list to do now that the snow is gone and the weather is a bit warmer, there are a few tasks that every homeowner should make time to do as well.
- Take a moment to check your roof. You could just fix a couple of shingles that may need repair and save yourself a headache down the road.
- Clean your gutters. Make sure they are ready for those spring showers and are draining properly.
- We recommend that you change the furnace filters quarterly. But as you are checking off your spring cleaning list, make sure you replace any dirty filters.
- Clean your dryer vent. It saves you money to have a clean vent but it also could prevent a fire.
- Check your screens and windows for any holes or gaps. You can add caulking or repairs to save money on your A/C bill this summer.
- Touch up any peeling paint, it protects the material beneath and keeps your home’s curb appeal!
- Vacuum any dust or dirt from your refrigerator coils to keep them working efficiently.
- Replace the batteries in your smoke & CO2 detectors throughout your home.
- Run outside faucets and spigots. If you have a sprinkler system, run it to see if you need to replace any sprinkler heads.