The fall is a great time to work on some household projects before the winter. We compiled a list of some things you might want to consider to put on your fall to-do list. Especially in Minnesota, where the snow comes early in the season, these are some ideas of what to tackle first.
- Clean your gutters before the freezing temperatures move in. Leaves and debris should be removed and allow water to move off surfaces into the gutters without obstruction.
- Check your windows and doors for any gaping or loose seals. You can add a weather strip to prevent drafts or extra insulation.
- Fall is a great time to clean any carpets. You can open the windows and let them dry quickly.
- Power washing can be done as a preparation for the winter ahead. It will remove dirt, dust and can prevent mold.
- While you are raking the leaves, don’t forget to add mulch to your gardens to insulate them through the winter months.
For more ideas on home maintenance check out the lists below: https://www.bhg.com/home-improvement/advice/maintenance-repair/fall-home-projects/ & https://www.familyhandyman.com/list/15-best-projects-to-do-in-fall/