Heading to a farm to pick strawberries or raspberries or an apple orchard is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. We are lucky in Minnesota that we can pick fruit all throughout the summer and fall. Strawberry season ends mid July but leads right into fall raspberries and apple picking. With COVID limiting many activities, this might be a great option to take advantage of this year! We made a list of some farms around the Twin Cities.
- Afton Apple Orchard, Hastings – Raspberry season opens mid August and will last until mid October. Apple season starts in early August and goes until late October.
- Lorence Berry Farm, Northfield – Raspberry season begins early August.
- Thompsons’ Hillcrest Orchard, Elko – Apple picking begins September 1.
- Pine Tree Apple Orchard, White Bear Lake – Apple Season starts mid August, check the website for more details.
- Knapton’s Raspberries, Pumpkins & Orchard, Rockford – Raspberries, cherries, currants and several veggies are ready for picking. Check their website for the latest updates.
Once you have some fruit try some of the recipes below! Let us know how they turn out.
Raspberry Jam – Recipe & Source: https://www.eatingonadime.com/no-cook-raspberry-freezer-jam-ready-in-minutes/
Raspberry Cheesecake Bars – Recipe & Source: https://thefoodcharlatan.com/raspberry-cheesecake-bars/
Apple Crisp – Recipe & Source: https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/easy-apple-crisp/
Apple Butter – Recipe & Source: https://sugarspunrun.com/apple-butter/