Carly & Kelly got the chance to attend Oprah’s 2020 Vision Tour at the Xcel Center in Saint Paul on January 11. Besides getting the chance to see the one and only OPRAH!, It was a jam packed day to reflect on how to create a vision, set goals to meet that vision and align your activities to support it. Oprah challenged everyone to think about this in terms of our personal life and also professionally. We got to hear from Oprah, Tina Fey, Angela Manuel Davis and Julianne Hough.
Here are some of our take-aways:
- “Don’t say ‘yes’ if you mean ‘no’.”
- “Get strong enough in your body to fulfill the calling in your life.”
- “Live below your means but within your needs.”
- “Knowing what you don’t want to do is just as important of knowing what you do want to do.”
- “It’s not just a job. It’s an offer of service to others. How do you use your gifts in service?”
- Tina Fey’s number one beauty rule – “Who cares?”