One of the biggest myths in real estate is that winter isn’t a good time to sell your home. We’ve compiled a list of reasons why it is the perfect time to sell!
- Buyers who are looking during the holiday season and winter months are serious and ready to make an offer.
- There are fewer houses on the market so buyers have less houses to choose from and sellers have less competition.
- Since the supply of listings will increase in the spring, there will less demand for your home.
- Homes are usually beautifully decorated for the holiday season. With lights and festive colors, homes and neighborhoods are perfectly ‘show ready’ with little extra effort!
- Buyers can make an emotional attachment to your home during the holidays.
- Buyers have more time off work during the holidays then during a regular work week.
- Sometimes buyers have a financial motivation to buy before the end of the year for taxes or other financial purposes.
- Many company job tranfers start in January so transferees need to buy now.
- You can sell now but negotiate to close after the new year.
- If you sell now, you can buy as a non-contingent buyer this spring!
If you or anyone else you know is debating about selling now versus later in 2018, let us know. We’d love to help determine a plan that will help meet your or their goals and provide five star customer service.