In addition to hiring Team Lucky Duck as your realtor, here are the best resources to make your Minnesota move a breeze.
You can easily buy boxes from your local Uhaul or Home Depot store, or you can use your community to get plenty of boxes for free! Here are a few ideas:
- Freecycle.org is a great website to post items you need or are offering. By searching for boxes, you can find anyone giving away leftover moving boxes near you and you can offer them to someone new when you’re finished with them!
- Local spots like liquor stores, bookstores, grocery stores or even coffee shops will receive regular shipments and typically need to get those boxes off their hands.
- Craigslist is also a great way to pick up some gently used moving boxes. Use the free section or create a post in the Wanted section so people with boxes can find you. As always, use caution and bring a buddy when picking up any item from someone you don’t know.
You’ve seen the Comcast commercials where your friends are suddenly too busy to help you move, right? If that happens to be the case for you too, here are a few moving companies that will gladly haul your belongings to your next home.
- AAA Movers has highly-trained staff that are committed to providing great service throughout your move. As expert movers, they have secure climate controlled storage and the ability to handle the most fragile items of all sizes. You can feel safe with your belongings in their hands.
- College Hunks will provide movers and a truck at reasonable rates. They also provide donation pickups, junk removal, and hourly labor for any basic heavy lifting needs you may have. Best of all, they work weekends to accommodate anyone’s schedule.
If you currently have service contracts, most companies will help you transfer your utilities to your new home fairly easily.
As always, our goal is to make your move as painless as possible so if you have any questions or need any further resources, please don’t hesitate to contact us.